I'm SOUTHERN, so I MUST be white trash.
I'm IRISH, so I MUST have a bad drinking problem.
I'm RICH, so I MUST be a conceited snob.
I'm ITALIAN, so I must be in the mafia
All stupid stereotypes. All untrue.Yeah, SOMETIMES some people fall into these stereotypes. But not everyone. I think stereotypes are just another form of entertainment done by people who have no life. Who sit on the couch and makes things like that up. Why does our society use them all the time? I have no idea. I think it's easier for people to just jump to a conclusion rather than just go to someone and get to know them. Yeah, some are funny. But they're still hurtful.
"A stereotype is used to catergorize a group of people. People don't understand that type of person, so they put them into classifications, thinking that everyone who is that needs to be like that, or anyone who acts like their classifications is one." -Urban Dictionary